I know, I know. This is another one of those “emo” posts in this young blog of mine but like I said here , I am a hopeless romantic and a firm believer of love. So, don’t tell me I didn’t warn you that I’m cheesy and mushy.
But really, why should we ever be ashamed to admit that we’re hopeless romantics? It is cheesy, yes, but shouldn’t we be glad instead that we feel that way? It only means we have someone in our lives who makes us feel in love, inspired, over the moon and what not. It only means that we are not part of the broken heart club, that we were blessed by God with probably the best gift He could give us, love.
I have been thinking of something to do for my love’s birthday. I had a couple of options actually and it ranged from the mundane to the most hilarious. As the days passed by, however, I realised that in the time that we are together, he always finds my letters the sweetest. Yes, I give him gifts on special occasions but it’s my letters, emails and notes that seem to matter to him the most (he cried a lot while I read one of my letters to him). So, I figured, why don’t I do the same but this time let the world know of it? Something this beautiful deserves to be known, after all.
My love, it has been a heck of a ride, wasn’t it? We’ve been through it all, I must say, but everything-from the happiest to the most heartbreaking-was worth it. You are worth it. So, as you turn 28, I just want to remind you again how much I love you because:
1. You play basketball so well. I know that you hate Larry Fonacier because he’s my crush (remember that time you didn’t text me because I got giddy over Larry’s new shoes? hehe) but love, you don’t have to be threatened in any way because you are my MVP at any given day. It’s great to have someone who loves basketball more than I do (and I really, really love it) but of course, I love you more than I love basketball. But really, even if you think I’m only busy with my phone every time I watch you play, it really takes a lot of self-control for me not to jump and shout every time you make those shots.
2. You make me forget about Valentine’s Day because every day is Valentine’s day at home. 🙂 You surprise me with everything from beautiful flowers to green mangoes on even the most ordinary days and your gesture of love never fails to put a smile on my face.
3. You eat whatever I cook and tell me it’s delicious even though sometimes, I think it’s not. 😛 I love to cook but haven’t really pursued it when I was living alone but now that I have you to feed, I always love to whip up different dishes for you to try. Oh and thanks for my stove, love. 🙂
4.You smell so good. It was one of the first things I really liked about you and I still can’t get over how “mabango” you smell every single day.
5.You are the greatest food buddy anyone could ever have because you love eating out as much as I do. Here’s to more hunts for great food spots and delicious dishes, love!
6. You cook the best sinigang that I can eat it until we grow old. 😛 But really love, thank you for all the times you gave in to my cravings for your sinigang and cooked it for me.
7. You make eating a tub of ice cream guilt-free because I really don’t mind the calories when I’m sharing this sweet treat with you. And with all the empty tubs we’ve collected at home, it is definitely our guilty pleasure. 🙂
8. You sing for me even if we both know that music isn’t one of your fortes. 😛 I don’t mind really because for me, you’re better than John Legend.
9. You put in the effort to pick me up from work even if I know you’re tired. You don’t know how much I appreciate it love. 🙂
10. You love watching teleseryes with me and put up with all my comments and ka-emohan while watching them. hahaha
11.You are very OC. I am also OC but I can also be messy at times. You inspire me to be better organised though. 🙂
12. You always look after my safety. I love how you always text me to be safe and to take care of my things. I also love how you check up on me, especially when we’re apart.
13. You protect me. I remember that day you drove under the heat of the sun wearing your slippers (even if it was “bawal” to wear them when driving a motorcycle) because you knew I was hurt and that you had to be my side. (damn these tears hehehe)
14. You download my favourite albums even if you’re extremely busy with work sometimes. I even just mention a track or artist I like and before I know it, the entire album is already on my Dropbox.
15. You are my chocolate and cookie monster. God knows how much you love cookies and chocolate and I find it very cute. (This reminds me that I need to replenish the cookie jar hehe)
16. You are an advocate of couple shirts, which I find really amusing because not a lot of guys do. I love when we coordinate our outfits because it means that you’re proud of what we have. (Cheesy me, again!)
17. You give me the most thoughtful gifts. You just don’t buy gifts for the sake of. You really listen to what I need and want at the time and make the effort to find gifts that relate to them.
18. You can be moody but it’s really cute. I know it’s your way of making “lambing” and I’m glad I know how to cure your mood swings – a warm brownie cup or a KK donut. hehehe
19. You make the cutest excuses to skip jogging. Hahaha Whether it’s a basketball game or that your tummy hurts, I just love how you make those excuses so we can just relax and not jog. 😛
20. You gave me the best V-day gifts. A delicious chocolate cake and best of all, a dance performance! hahaha It’s all still in my memory love and I still laugh whenever I remember it.
21. You snore so loud but I don’t mind. I love you nonetheless. hehehe
22. You give in to my being needy for your hug. I love hugs and you know that. Good thing, you love to snuggle too and I wouldn’t trade them for anything else. 🙂
23. You have the fluffiest arms. Who needs a pillow when I have your arms to sleep in every night? Best sleep ever. 😛
24. You make the effort to get to know me better.You got to know my family, you went to the places that mean to me and you constantly communicate with the people that matter to me. I don’t say this often but I really appreciate all of those efforts. 🙂
25. You tickle me to death. Of course, I’m still alive but yeah, you tickle me to death almost every day (well on those days you don’t decide to make me your sparring partner hehehe). Even though I sometimes hate it when you do, I actually love when we’re just being silly at home. 😛
26. You respect me. Remember when we first went out? You kissed me in the forehead before you went home and that gesture sealed the deal for me. We’ve been through a lot but one thing always stayed the same-your respect for me and I couldn’t ask for more.
27. You make waking up and sleeping special. Cheesy again, I know but really, every day has been great since we got together. It wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies, for sure, but every day with you is special.
28. You love me. Who would’ve thought that we’d end up together? Sometimes, I look at you sleeping next to me and I still can’t believe that you’re my other-half. I could write for days about our love story but I’ll save that for another post. 🙂 Thank you for making me insanely happy love. Some people may judge us but I don’t really care. We share something that no one will ever take away. Like I said before, you’re all that matters now. 🙂
Happy birthday love! I hope you have a blast (with me hahaha)! 😛 🙂