Let’s get to know each other a bit more, shall we? 🙂
1. My full name is Dora Lou Jane. Yes, I have a pretty long name but hey, this is what happens when everyone’s excited for you coming into the world. 😉 My Grandma named me Dora because it was a Greek word that meant “a gift from God.” She added the Lou from Our Lady of Lourdes, which was her devotion the whole time my Mom was pregnant with me. And yes, there’s Jane from my Tito’s first love.
2. I am a registered nurse. I may not be practicing my profession now but I’ve always loved being a nurse (I miss you white uniform). 😦
3. I am a true blue Atenean. AMDG! Once blue-blooded, always blue-blooded.
4. I’ve been a writer for almost four years now. Yes, I make a living out of writing and I absolutely love it. Well, it’s not all rainbows and butterflies at work but I am with the best colleagues in the universe and I’m getting paid to do what I love, so I am one happy camper.
5. I am a musician. I come from a music-loving family so I guess it’s not surprising that I love music. I started playing the guitar when I was six and the piano when I was seven. I also know how to play the flute, drums and violin a bit. Last year, I played at my first official gig with my band named “Traffic Jam” (see our performances here) and it was one of the best nights ever. I miss you bandmates! 😦
6. I love typography and lettering. Maybe it’s the Gemini in me but I really love art. I used to draw when I was young, sketched dresses for a time and now, I’m obsessed with typography and lettering. I’m a neophyte still but I practice when I can so I’m kind of a work in progress. 🙂
7. I love food SO much. Warning: You’ll be seeing a lot of food posts in this blog. I really love food because what’s not to love, really? I favour American, Chinese and Korean cuisine the most but I am down to try other options as well. I absolutely love seafood, burgers and steak. If you want me to be uber happy though, you can just give me a tub of delicious French Fries and I’m all set.
8. I love to travel. Maybe it’s living up to my name (think Dora the Explorer lol) but I really love to travel. I get excited over packing, booking tickets, going to the airport and staying in hotels. I’ll be sharing some of my travel tips soon.
9. I can move my ears. There’s always that little weirdo in everyone and that’s mine. Yes, I can move my ears and I’m proud of that. hahaha
10. I am in love with a basketball player. No friends, this isn’t Larry Fonacier (though he’s still my crush. shhh) but this is the real deal. I’ve always loved basketball so it isn’t surprising that I fell for a guy who can play the sport well. He loves LeBron James and shoots treys like an assassin (oops, Larry reference again). Oh, and did I mention that he kind of looks like a rockstar? 🙂
There you have it. Happy Tuesday everyone!